The CRMF will house all of the FasTracks commuter rail cars, and is home to Denver Transit Operators (DTO), the DTP entity responsible for operations and maintenance. DTO staff moved into the CRMF in November 2014.
CRMF Milestones to Date:
- Feb 2014 -Train management dispatch system (TMDS) installed in the operations control center
- March 2014 – Overhead catenary system (OCS) electrification poles and light poles installed
- April 2014 – Testing and commissioning of building systems, including HVAC and lighting control, and office space completion
- May 2014 – Large equipment installation (wheel trimming equipment and vehicle lift modules) and track construction throughout the building and yard
- June 2014 – Train wash building completed
- July 2014 – OCS wire installation began
- September 2014 – Facility completed for future rail car delivery
- November 2014 – First four commuter rail cars arrive in Denver; Denver transit Operators moves into CRMF
- December 2014 – First four commuter rail cars are moved into the CRMF
- Spring 2015 – Testing of the equipment at the CRMF begins in preparation for future rail service.
- June 2015 – DTO celebrates hires 50 employees.
- July 2015 – 28 commuter rail vehicles at the CRMF undergoing initial testing.